Monday, June 29, 2009

Quick Review for Summer Grades 1-5

Here is another binder with a great list of websites for your kids to check out if you want them to do a little summer review. This binder has really helpful links on spelling, math and writing. It even has a great article on how math should be taught like art, which I find useful when I talk to my kids about math assignments. What works for me is that my kids work on one tab at a time and one worksheet at a time. So for math, the kids print out one worksheet and tackle a problem on the white board. Then we work on 10 spelling words using some of the spelling tips that we learned from another spelling binder. Finally, we set up a blog at hellokids.com so the kids could practice their writing and spelling. This binder has links to recommended kid blog sites as well.

Feel free to check out the sites by clicking on the livebinder link below:

No comments:

Post a Comment